Wired Client 2.0.3 (286) is now available for download. It offers many fixes and enhancements, have a look to the changes log below for more details. This release will be the latest version of Wired Client to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Anyway, this version will remain available online for download in the future. However, it will not benefit of further upgrades. Next versions of Wired Client will require Mac OS X 10.7 as minimum operating system version.
This update also provides localization support for german and french languages. Please have a look to this page if you are interested in contributing to translation: http://wired.read-write.fr/translate-wired/
- Fix bug where client try to overwrite the Downloads folder on tracker connections
- Server and tracker bookmarks management moves to the sidebar of the chat window (removed from Preferences)
- Better contextual menus for the sidebar of the chat window
- Better design for the Dock notification badge
- Now import and export your bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu
- Transfers now auto-reconnect on error when Reconnect On Disconnect setting is true
- Re-add the crash log GUI in the Help menu to facilitate shared debugging
- Recover original localization files to Wired Frameworks (de, en, fr, it, ja)
- Add french and german localizations (thanks to Prof Dr. Luigi)
Bookmarks in the Sidebar
Bookmarks has been moved from Preferences window to the Sidebar of the Chat window. This way the interface is more uniform with bookmarks, network resources and controls in the same place. Import and export bookmarks controls moved to the Bookmarks menu.
Crash Report Window
I restored the Crash Report window, available from the Help menu in order to give you the ability to directly send crash logs file to Read-Write.fr. I will receive them by email as anonymous data.
New Dock Tile Design
I updated the code used to draw the notification badge of the Dock icon. It now has a normal scaling for every screen resolutions and a better readability.
Auto-Reconnect Transfers on Errors
Wired Client now automatically reconnects transfers when errors occur. This allows to bypass the well known Broken-Pipe error without effort. To make it works, be sure to enable the Reconnect On Disconnect setting in Preferences or Bookmarks.
Wired 2.0 Specification: http://wired.read-write.fr/html/wired.html
Special thanks to getset for his help on this week-end project.
Good news, the Wired project is now open to translations. The next release of both Wired Client and Wired Server will provide complete localization for French language. German, Italian and Japanese are coming soon.
It is critical for Wired to be translated in many languages as possible. Wired is a tool that common people use to communicate through Internet, in many different languages. The Wired protocol uses Unicode to support a large variety of characters, for these many languages. The UI also has to be internationalized to provide a better user experience.
If you are interested to contribute to Wired translations, have a look to the following wiki page for more details:
Wired Client 2.0.2 was released. It mostly provides fixes and few adjustments about window management:
- Add a settings to order front or not the app on connection events (Preferences > General)
- Always show the chat window if no window open when clicking the Dock icon
- Fix crash on clear action in transfers window
- Fix bug where Wired Client does not check for update in background at app launch
- Fix missing tab icon notifier on regular chat event
- Fix tab bar overflow menu that was not clickable after switching window
- Fix client crash when close a disconnected tab
Wired Client 2.0.1 (269) is out. Changes:
- New icon !!!
- Replace PSMTabBarControl by MMTabBarView
- Add notification badges to tab items to display unread messages and posts
- Add notification badge on Transfers icon in toolbar to display number of unfinished transfers
- Fix bug where sidebar items was not reloaded when importing bookmarks
- Reorganize sources and migrate to GitHub: https://github.com/nark/WiredClient
- Migrate the main domain to wired.read-write.fr
A new tab bar with speed, refined design and animations and new notification badge on the Transfers icon to show to number of unfinished transfers:
The old tabbar (PSMTabBarControl) had very slow performances because it mostly used cell-based and came from a very old code base. The new one is view-based and uses a fresh and optimized framework. That speed-up Wired Client on connection operations and provides new features like tab item notifications.